Marc Levin, Psychologist and Jazz Musician 🇬🇧🇩🇰
Marc Levin, a clinical psychologist with over 40 years’ experience, and a personal and organizational development trainer since 1988, attempts to tailor existing models to the individual, group and course participants’ needs, in an effort to provide ‘generative’ input, rather than reparative tips for improvement.
That is, rather than suggesting how problems could be managed for now, he strives, through dialogue and interactive models, to instil and inspire skills for evaluating and building thinking styles that go beyond preserving our habits and practices, by aiming toward appropriate and effective adjustment and reinvention of how we do things in the face of change at any given moment and stage of development.
He comes from a rich and varied background from his native USA where he received his academic training (B.A. Rutgers University, M.A. New School for Social Research), and has had bases in the US, Malaysia and Denmark, where he is authorized by the Danish Board of Psychologists (Psykolognævnet) .
He holds advanced certifications in related fields of psychology and training, is certified in Malaysia by the PSMB/HRDF and has had a parallel career as jazz musician and composer, as can be seen on www.marclevin.net andGoogle search marc levin, flutes and brasses respectively.
In 1988 he developed Marc Levin Consult in Denmark for training and development within the private business community as well as the government agencies he served in the areas of clinical psychology and public health.
Staff in both sectors were feeling the demands of rapid change as lines began to blur between government service and private enterprise.
Embedded routines were seen as less appropriate while fear of change served only to reinforce caution, insecurity and distress.
The resultant work, typically with all levels of the organizations resulted in training in the areas of stress management, creativity, communication, and motivation.
Among the titles and training areas presented and implemented have been:
· Adaptive Leadership: Mental Strategies for Change, Innovation and creativity
· Revisiting Motivation: Unleashing the ʻWowʼ factor in Desired Outcomes.
· Compassion in Action: Revisiting Service Quality
· Partnering with Stress: A stress-management seminar for challenging and changing times.
· Optimizing Communication: Tools for optimal outcomes in sales and negotiation
· Mental Strategies for Change: Reinventing paradigms
· Servicing from the Inside Out: Building bridges between customer service and internal communication
· Wellness, Purpose And Achievement, Here There And Everywhere: A mini seminar about how we can balance efficiency and harmony in our workplaces.
· Crisis Trauma-Vulnerability: Adaptability and management strategies for victims and supporting staff
· Examination and Performance Stress
· NLP: What is it and how can it be applied?
· The Art and Science of Negotiation
· Shared and Empowering Messages: A presentation skills seminar for the focused and passionate presenter
· The Next Chapter-Building Personal Tools for Higher Education
· Conflict Management for Professional Health Enforcement Officers
· Strategic Planning and Goal Setting
Among the most prominent Danish based companies he’s worked with are:
Bang & Olufsen, Medicom
Among his affiliations as recurring trainer/guest lecturer have been:
Interactive Consultants, DK serving-
Acoustica/CARL BRO engineering
Statoil Scandinavia and East Europe
Danish Refugee (Dansk Flygtningehjælp)
Danish School of Public administration (Danmarks Forvaltningshøjskole)
Danish Royal School of Library and Information Science
Herning Business School (Herning Handelsskole)
Over 60 municipalities and 10 counties in Denmark:
Selected International organizations other than Denmark:
Heavy Harmony Music (USA)
Wealth Builders (USA)
Human Resource Development, Dorset (UK)
ICI Paints (UK)
East Events (MY)
Taylor’s University (MY)
Knowledge Group of Companies (MY)
MyCEB, Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau (MY)
UEM Group, Nayasan Scholars (MY)
Ministry of Health Malaysia (MY)
M.T.C.C., Maldives Transport and Contracting Company (MY)
Selected affiliations in Malaysia:
Knowledge Group of Companies, www.knowledgegroupco.com
Dr. Thomas Thornborrow Consulting
HRD4My Resources, Dr. Arayan Richard Jenkins
RED Consulting Group (Associate Consultant)
WMS-Media, Malaysia, (Asia Training Manager)
Creative Business Solutions Academy (Associate Consultant, Trainer, Coach)
Complete CV and reference list can be seen on www.marclevin.net